We’re having a party! And I want you to play along!
- Head over to Sew Mama Sew. Grab the free page of Mix & Match Monster templates.
- Follow the instructions and create a fabulous monster.
- Snap a photo and post it to your blog, website, Flickr, Instagram, Pinterest, or wherever you most like to share what you make.
- Grab the link and enter it into the link-up party below before noon (eastern time) on August 18.
- Look at all the entries and admire the awesomeness. Share the ones you love!
- Vote for your favorites. Voting opens when the entries close on 8/18. You get three votes!
I got things started with two monsters I made. 🙂 Click on the blue button below to add yours.
If you’re not sure how to post your link from Facebook, I wrote up some instructions here.
In addition to the reader vote, we also have a few fabulous judges who are contributing fun prizes.
Jo Gratz (my daughter) of Shiny Happy World 🙂
I’ll be introducing those judges in a little more detail in the next couple of weeks.
I think you could make a whole quilt full of unique monsters just using that one page of pieces.
If you want even more monster fun, sign up for my Cute Quilt-As-You-Go Applique Monsters class on Craftsy. (That’s a special 50% off link.) You’ll get 24 pages of templates, plus video lessons on using specialty fabrics like fleece, fur, satin and shiny tissue lamé, video lessons on adding fun 3D embellishments, and more.
But remember – for the contest you can only use the free pieces found in the post at Sew Mama Sew.
I can’t wait to see what you make!
Happy quilting. 🙂