Last Updated on November 16, 2018 by wendigratz
I finished crocheting my pineapple shawl (it’s SpaceCadet’s Lucina Fingering in the color Drizzle and the pattern is Pineapple Centerpiece #7771. Catchy name, huh?) The pattern is for a doily, and I was hoping that with a thicker yarn and bigger hook, it’d be shawl-size. I even added an extra row of pineapples… and it’s, well, a small shawl. Which is okay. I learned the knot stitch, which is cool even though I’m not sure how much I love the look. For my next one, I want to go bigger, so I’m eyeing this pattern. But it uses 4,000 yards. So, maybe next year.
If you don’t know all 4 colors of cauliflower (or haven’t seen them in one place), then you’ll want to look at this photo I took at my farmer’s market.
Great (yarn-y) Links
- I’ll be teaching at Stitches United in Hartford in April 2017! Will I see you there? It’s not just knitting, crochet, weaving and spinning… but sewing and quilting, too! I’m SO excited!
- I just re-recorded and uploaded new basic crochet stitch videos. Check them out!
- I also re-jazzed my FREE e-book The Beginner’s Guide to Amigurumi. It’s really good. And free. So download it.
- TinCanKnits just updated their 6-part Gramps Sweater Tutorial. It’s an amazing pattern (do you remember when I knit Maddie her adorable rainbow sweater? This is the pattern!)
- Marly Bird shared 10 secrets to perfect planned pooling in crochet. So many possibilities!
- Amy Herzog Announced Make. Love. Wear. West 2017
- Craftsy shared 12 stash-busting blankets to knit.
- Moogly shared a lovely yarn weight graphic. It reflects that the Craft Yarn Council added a new category: Jumbo (7)!
More Great Links
- The New York Times published What Knitting Can Teach us about Parenting.
- I started a Pinterest board for Craft Enamel Pins. I LOVE enamel pins, but there are a billion out there. This board is only craft-themed ones! I already found over 100!
- Pepperknit sewed some lovely housewarming pillows. Patchwork is so great for using fabulous fabric bits!
- MochiMochiLand did it again… such adorable knits and photos! Check out her new Tiny Turkey and Tiny Tofurkey.
- Baking? Check out these sweater and sheep rolling pins!
Let me hear from you!
Today’s feel good story is this grandma who invited the wrong teen to Thanksgiving and invites him anyway. She says “Of course you can [still come by]. That’s what Grandmas do… feed everyone!” Isn’t that EXACTLY the spirit we all need right now? Spread the love, people.