I can’t believe it’s already September! Time is moving so fast (and um, it was 105 in Los Angeles last week… that feels like July to me!).
As always, I have lots of exciting news to share!
Mojo the Monster
This month’s exclusive Ami Club pattern is Mojo the Monster!
He uses the new shaping technique we learned for the horns last month (single crocheting in one row below instead of using slip stitches, which have a tendency to bias)… I’m really loving it!
Mojo uses a 24mm black eye… but I also think he’d look amazing by leaving out the white crocheted eye and just using a 40mm eye (by painting a 40mm clear eye. Check out instructions here.) So many possibilities!
Featured September Patterns
These patterns are 50% off for Ami Club members… the coupon code is in the forum.
I went with a theme this month… all of the patterns use 18mm brown eyes! That way, you can buy a 5-pair pack and make all 3… and still have two pairs! Hooray!
Jim the Goat
We went to the county fair last weekend and they had baby goats… squee! I think they’re just the cutest! Don’t let them try to eat your pants leg though 😉
Jackie the Cow
This pattern is a real favorite… I think he might even be the second best-seller behind Nelson the Owl! Everyone loves a sweet cow, and you can have lots of fun by getting really crazy with the colors! Check out this one I made as a custom order:
Little Ger the Felted Bear
I love felting – just crochet with a wool yarn and throw it in the washing machine! (more detailed instructions are in the pattern, but basically that’s it!) The result is a very sturdy and durable fabric that will make a long-lasting stuffed animal. Give it a try!
- My Crocheted Closet: this book looks like it’s going to be amazing! It’s already an amazon best-seller!
- Really interesting article about how much the average woman spends on yarn. Are you over or under?
- I love Symposi Press, and these new (knitting) stickers are gorgeous!
- I’ll be teaching at Stitches Texas next weekend- will I see you there?
- These quilting enamel pins are lovely! (stay tuned, I’ll have a new pin for your collection available soon)
I hope you have a great September!!!