For Eloise the Emu I decided to make several short videos – one for each step of the process – instead of one long one.
Here they are. . .
- member’s link to the Funny Faces Quilt Block of the Month Club
- link to join the Funny Faces Quilt Block of the Month Club
- Let’s Make a Quilt – free video workshop teaching my Quilt As You Go method and applique with fusible adhesive
- Warm Neutrals fabric bundle
- Rainbow Sherbet fabric bundle
- Batik Rainbow fabric bundle
- Dots fabric bundle
- Gingham Play fabric bundle
- Rainbow Brights fabric bundle
- Warm Neutral Batiks fabric bundle
- Heat & Bond Lite (the printable sheets of fusible adhesive I use for all my quilts)
- For permanent lines (lines to stitch and placement markings for solid black applique pieces) I use a fine-tip black Sharpie
- For erasable lines I use either tailor’s chalk (for dark and medium fabrics) or pencil (for light fabrics). A white artist’s eraser will erase both chalk and pencil.
- My tips for scribbly, sketchy outlining
- How durable is straight stitching? Don’t the edges fray?
- Tips for using different weights of thread
And for those who are already familiar with my process – here’s a fun 30-second video showing Eloise’s assembly. 🙂
Try one of our newest quilt patterns! Get the Kevin Koala pattern here. Or join the Funny Faces Quilt Block of the Month Club to get a new block every month. 🙂