Oh, hey, lovely Ami Club member! Welcome!
You’re probably familiar with my Yarn & Craft Newsletter, where I share fun yarn stuff from all around the internet. But I thought it would be fun to have a monthly Ami Club Newsletter which focuses more on crochet and amigurumi! Oh, and cute. Look for this newsletter on the 2nd Friday of every month! And it’s only for members!
What I’m up to & news
I shipped out loads of goodies on Thanksgiving weekend, but I snagged a little goodie for myself, too! Check out this adorable pin by Mochichito! I’m in love with enamel pins, and this guy is a cutie! Don’t forget to show me your favorite enamel pin in this thread… I’m going to gift one to a lucky winner in January!
Season is the lucky winner of the Knit Picks giveaway! Yay! For the giveaways in Ami Club, all you need to do is comment on the thread… no reason not to enter!
I’m heading off to Australia tomorrow (our annual holiday visit), but I won’t be totally away. We’ve got LOTS happening!
I’m really excited about the Snowman CAL… you get the adorable pattern as part of your membership! And, are you joining in on our swap? Click here for details.
Great Crochet Links
- I’m always asked about how I hold my yarn… here’s a post where I explain it!
- A great post about shaping amigurumi pieces. And it’s totally different from how I do my increases… come chat about that in the designer’s forum!
- FREE Christmas pickle crochet pattern
- How to crochet the loop stitch (tutorial + video)
- FREE Holiday poinsettia crochet pattern
- Guide to donating stuffed animals (pdf also available in your library for download)
- 5 reasons not to crochet a gift
- Love this wave pillow from Attic24
- Christmas tree pattern… he’s a cutie!
More Great Links
- This pattern for felt Christmas tree ornaments is too cute!
- Love this piece about All About Ami on Lion Brand
- Wilton dyeing formulas. Check out my tutorial for how to dye with Wilton Icing Dye.
- I’m a sucker for succulents (hahaha!) Tutorial for simple succulent ornaments.
- Printable 3D Christmas houses
- FREE gift tag printables from Craftsy
Let me hear from you!
What are you up to? Are you loving the club? Plans for crocheting holiday presents? Come chat in the forums!