My daughter has been drawing cat faces all over the place.
It’s her new favorite doodle.
She drew one recently in chalk on a slate stone in our yard and I loved the effect. So that’s what I was going for with this simple line drawing.
I stitched it in a pale (chalky) color on a dark background and with a slightly thicker thread than I usually use.
This is a great pattern for beginners. You only need one stitch and there’s nothing too fussy or detailed about it.
It would be cute on a tote bag or T-shirt – or a towel. It also fits perfectly into a 7″ hoop.
What you get
- full-sized pattern for tracing
- reversed pattern for using with iron-on transfer tools
- complete color and stitch guide (such as it is – one stitch and one color)
What you’ll need
- fabric for stitching
- favorite pattern transfer tools
- embroidery needle, thread, and hoop
- 3-4 hours
Crazy easy. It only uses backstitch and the pattern has a link to the video showing you how to do it.
Get the pattern here and have fun with it!