I know, right!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes.
Jo loves taking these classic flavor combinations and turning them into cupcakes – and this one was a gem.
Start with delicious peanut butter cupcakes. (Scroll down for the recipe.)
Fill them with your classic Concord grape jam.
Whip up a batch of Jo’s Basic Buttercream Frosting and mix in 3/4 – 1 cup of grape jam.
Pipe it onto the cupcakes and enjoy. 🙂
I love how you get different flavors as you eat your way through this cupcake. Around the edges there’s no jam filling, and less jam frosting – so the dominant flavor is the slightly salty peanut butter cake.
As you get closer to the center you start getting more grape flavor from the jam filling – with an extra little burst of jam right in that center bite.
Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your cupcake pans.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and peanut butter.
- Add in the white and brown sugars and beat well.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until barely mixed.
- Add the vanilla and combine.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mix and stir until not quite mixed.
- Add half the buttermilk and repeat.
- Add half of the remaining flour mix and stir.
- Add the rest of the buttermilk and stire.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the last of the flour mix. Stir until barely combined – then scrape down the sides of the bowl again and stir by hand until combined.
- Divide into cupcake pans and bake 20-24 minutes.