It’s getting chilly out and the Dress Up Bunch needs some cold weather gear to keep them toasty warm!
The Winter Wear collection includes patterns for the coat, hat and boots – everything a rag doll needs to play outside in the winter.
The coat and boots will fit everyone in the Dress Up bunch. The hat will fit all the humans, Spot the Dog and Pip the Cat, but not Squeak the Mouse or Meep the Monster because their heads are a different shape.
The boots have no fussy closures. They’re big enough to just smoosh the feet in there, and fitted enough so they don’t fall off during play. There was a lot of wild doll dancing while I tested that out.
Everything is made of felt and it’s all hand-sewn – though you could sew it all on the machine if you prefer. But the handsewing took less than three hours for the entire collection – including the bird embroidery on the coat. Give it a try!
What You Get
- full-size pattern for the coat, hat and boots – no enlarging needed
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project
What You’ll Need
- 3 sheets of wool felt for the coat and hat (I used Babbling Brook green)
- 1 sheet of wool felt for the boots (I used Coffee)
- one 9mm snap (I like these cute colored snaps, but you could substitute a button instead
- embroidery thread to match the felt
- contrasting embroidery thread for the birds (optional)
- 2-3 hours
This is a VERY easy pattern! Felt is such a breeze to work with and there are just a few pattern pieces. No separate sleeves, no facings, no hems. Easy! You don’t even need to use your sewing machine!
Like all Shiny Happy World patterns – you’re welcome to sell anything you make with them.
It’s a PDF so you’ll get your pattern immediately after purchase. Your dolls could be playing in the snow TODAY.