I really like to frame my embroidered pieces in a hoop – you’ve seen it on several pattern covers. A couple of people have asked how I do this, so I put together a video showing you.
My husband is out of town – which means my daughter was holding the video camera. Hope you don’t mind a bit of shakiness and a couple of close-ups of the backs of my hands! 🙂
I went ahead and used it because she was proud to help me and, in spite of the shakes, you could still easily follow along. I even have a spectacular failure that made me have to start all over – and I know how much you all like it when I leave those in!
You can find the Firefly Tree pattern here.
And if you want to hide the messy back of your stitching when you hoop-frame like this – I show you a nifty trick here.
Here are all the posts about finishing embroidery projects.
- How to Iron Embroidery without Smooshing the Stitches
- How to Frame Embroidery in a Hoop (with no glue)
- How to Hide the Messy Back of Hooped Embroidery
- How to Prep Embroidery for Framing
Other Ways to Use Embroidery
- How to Mend with Embroidered Patches
- How to Mend a Tear around a Pocket
- How to Embroider a Quilt Label