We’re in the final stretches of the doll-a-long… have you added hair to your doll yet?
I think the hair is one of the most exciting parts because there are so many options! For a general how-to for adding hair, check out this blog post.
Let’s chat hair options, shall we?
The A Doll Like Me ebook contains instructions for making curly hair:
Here are a few more tips for working with curly hair for your doll:
- Keep in mind that if hair is curly, it will appear shorter than if it were straight (due to the curl). You might want to cut longer strands of hair to compensate.
- The curls are obtained by blocking the yarn into place. Yarns that don’t block well (like acrylic) may not end up as curly as wool yarn.
- Since the curls are blocked, they will ‘come out’ if you wash/wet your doll’s hair. If you’re planning on machine-washing your doll, go with straight hair.
Straight hair can be any length or style! Here are some fun suggestions/tips:
- If you’d like to add bangs, simply cut some shorter strands and attach at the front of the head.
- For highlights, cut yarn in a few coordinating colors of yarn.
- For a bob hairstyle, attach the yarn, and then trim along the bottom so all of the hairs end at the same length.
- Try putting hair in braids or pigtails!
Which style are you choosing?
The doll-a-long runs until Thursday… still plenty of time to finish yours! Tell me, which hairstyle does your doll have?