Last Updated on September 8, 2019 by wendigratz
To celebrate, I’m taking my favorite pirate embroidery pattern and giving it away for free. Free!
Stitch up a fun Wanted: Dead or Alive poster. I include a Peg Leg Pete pattern with an image of a boy pirate and also a Hurricane Hattie pattern with an image of a girl pirate. There were lots of female pirates out there – this is a great book about some of them.
You can even personalize the poster with your own pirate’s name!
What You Get
- Full-sized patterns for small (6 x 7 1/2 inch) and large (8 x 10 inch) images and alphabets – no enlarging needed
- Reversed patterns for use with iron-on transfer tools
- Complete color and stitch guide
- Instructions for personalizing with a custom pirate name
- Links to videos teaching all the stitches used
What You’ll Need
- Fabric to be embroidered (I used unbleached muslin, soaked in hot tea for about half an hour to stain it)
- Your favorite tools for transferring the pattern (you all know I swear by Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy)
- Embroidery needle, thread, and hoop
Easy! The whole pattern uses just 3 simple embroidery stitches – and there are links to videos teaching all three.
It’s easy – but all that fill stitching does take a lot of time. Expect to spend several evenings on this one.
Have fun with it!
If you like this free pattern, sign up for the Shiny Happy News! Members get a weekly newsletter full of sewing tips and tricks, free patterns, special discounts, and other things to make you smile. 🙂