I realized that I didn’t have much diagonal action in the quilt yet, so I’m correcting that with the next few blocks.
Here’s block #13 in the Controlled Chaos Quilt!
What You’ll Need
- 48 two-inch squares in color A (shown in purple)
- 52 two-inch squares in color B (shown in yellow)
Use 1/4″ seam allowances for all sewing.
Press all the seams. I’m pressing mine open for this quilt. I think it will make things simpler in the end.
Arrange your squares according to the diagram below.
For this block I sewed things up in rows. First we’ll sew some groups of like colors together. . .
1. Sew up 12 sets of three purple squares.
2. Sew up 14 sets of three yellow squares.
3. Sew up 4 pairs of two purple squares.
4. Sew up 4 pairs of two yellow squares.
Use the diagram above to sew those groups into rows.
Then sew those rows into one fabulous block. 🙂
That’s 13 blocks done – just 7 more to go!
I still haven’t decided whether I’ll use sashing between the blocks or not. If I do it will be in a nice slate grey. If I d0 use sashing it’ll be 310 seams I don’t have to match up – a major plus in my book. 🙂