Here’s block #16 in the Controlled Chaos Quilt!
What You’ll Need
- 36 two-inch squares in color A (shown in red)
- 64 two-inch squares in color B (shown in light blue)
Use 1/4″ seam allowances for all sewing.
Press all the seams. I’m pressing mine open for this quilt. I think it will make things simpler in the end.
Arrange your squares according to the diagram below.
For this block I worked (mostly) in rows. I sewed things up in the following order. . .
- Sew all your individual squares into pairs of matching colors. You should have 18 red pairs and 32 blue pairs.
- Pair up the red pairs and sew them up into squares – each square is four red blocks.
- Alternate those red squares with blue pairs to create the three rows in the block that have red squares in them.
- Sew the remaining 20 blue pairs into 4 strips, each with ten blue squares.
- Assemble the final block by alternating blue rows with the rows that have the red squares in them.
That’s 16 blocks done – just 4 more to go!
I love how it’s coming together! And I feel like I’m so close to finishing!