Here’s block #19 in the Controlled Chaos Quilt! Just one more block to go!
What You’ll Need
- 68 two-inch squares in color A (shown in yellow)
- 32 two-inch squares in color B (shown in pink)
Use 1/4″ seam allowances for all sewing.
Press all the seams as you go. I’m pressing mine open for this quilt. I think it will make things simpler in the end.
Arrange your squares according to the diagram below.
For this block I worked in big chunks. I sewed things up in the following order. . .
- Sew all your individual squares into pairs of matching colors. You should have 34 yellow pairs and 16 pink pairs.
- Sew the yellow pairs into two long 2 x 10 rectangles, two 2 x 6 rectangles, and one 2 x 2 square.
- Sew the pink pairs into two 2 x 6 rectangles and two 2 x 2 squares.
- Sew pink and yellow 2 x 2 squares into a pink/yellow/pink rectangle to form the middle of the pink “donut.”
- Sew the pink 2 x 6 rectangles to the top and bottom of the pink/yellow/pink rectangle to finish the pink “donut.”
- Sew the yellow 2 x 6 rectangles to the sides of the pink “donut.”
- Assemble the final block by sewing long yellow 2 x 10 rectangles to the top and bottom of the pink “donut.”
That’s 19 blocks done. I can’t believe we’re down to the last one!
I’ll be on vacation next week, so look for the last Controlled Chaos block on Wednesday 8/5. I can’t wait!
Click here for all the Controlled Chaos posts.