It’s finally here! The video showing you how I do big stitch quilting – a super easy and fun hand quilting technique!
Big stitch quilting is my new favorite way to hand quilt – I’m not sure I’ll ever go back to traditional hand quilting. It’s just so much fun! I love the chunkiness of the stitches – and the style really seems to demand the kind of slight irregularities and wonkiness I love so much.
I should note – I’m not trying to be irregular here. I find that if I try to stitch a perfectly straight line, going slowly and carefully, but not actually marking or measuring it in any way – I get just the amount of wonkiness and wobbliness that makes me happy. It looks like it was sewn by human hands. 🙂
Here’s the video. . .
And here are some additional links for you. . .
- The first video – Hand Quilting Basics
- The second video – Hand Quilting Without Marking (you can use those same techniques for big stitch quilting)
- A review of the Sulky Petites thread I’m using for the big stitch quilting. You can shop for them here.
- The needle I’m using is a size #8 embroidery needle.
- That big square frame is a 17″ Q-snap frame.
- The Controlled Chaos quilt (a free pattern) that you’ve been watching me quilt on Facebook and Instagram.
I’ve also got a fun video class that teaches several ways to use Big Stitch Quilting.
I think you all are going to have so much fun with this big stitch quilting! Enjoy making those big chunky stitches!
Try one of our newest quilt patterns! Get the Kevin Koala pattern here. Or join the Funny Faces Quilt Block of the Month Club to get a new block every month. 🙂