It’s finally here! The video showing you how I do big stitch quilting – a super easy and fun hand quilting technique!
Big stitch quilting is my new favorite way to hand quilt – I’m not sure I’ll ever go back to traditional hand quilting. It’s just so much fun! I love the chunkiness of the stitches – and the style really seems to demand the kind of slight irregularities and wonkiness I love so much.
I should note – I’m not trying to be irregular here. I find that if I try to stitch a perfectly straight line, going slowly and carefully, but not actually marking or measuring it in any way – I get just the amount of wonkiness and wobbliness that makes me happy. It looks like it was sewn by human hands. 🙂
Here’s the video. . .
And here are some additional links for you. . .
- The first video – Hand Quilting Basics
- The second video – Hand Quilting Without Marking (you can use those same techniques for big stitch quilting)
- A review of the Sulky Petites thread I’m using for the big stitch quilting. You can shop for them here.
- The needle I’m using is a size #8 embroidery needle.
- That big square frame is a 17″ Q-snap frame.
- The Controlled Chaos quilt (a free pattern) that you’ve been watching me quilt on Facebook and Instagram.
I’ve also got a fun video class that teaches several ways to use Big Stitch Quilting.
I think you all are going to have so much fun with this big stitch quilting! Enjoy making those big chunky stitches!