It’s the 15th! That means it’s New Pattern Day in the Funny Faces Quilt Block of the Month Club!
Meet Troy the tree frog! I love this guy!
There’s already a frog pattern at Shiny Happy World, but he’s more of a pond frog with a long, sticky tongue. Troy has awesome sticky tree frog toes. 🙂
Here’s how to make him. . .
See how easy that is?
That’s a LONG video, so I’ve broken it up with a couple of time references here. . .
- Building the background block – start at the beginning
- Cutting and Marking the Applique Pieces – start at 4:37
- Layering the Applique Pieces – start at 14:37
- Outlining the Applique – start at 18:35
If you want just a very quick look at me layering the pieces together with no explanation, here’s a video for that.
Here are those links I promised. . .
- Muted Rainbow fabric bundle
- Batik Rainbow fabric bundle
- Let’s Make a Quilt – free workshop teaching applique with fusible adhesive and Quilt As You Go
Troy the Tree Frog’s pattern isn’t exclusive to the club anymore – you can get it here.
If you want to join the Funny Faces Quilt Block of the Month Club to get immediate access to the new monthly patterns, you can use this link to join.
Special note – this is the first Funny Faces pattern to include an SVG file for use with cutting machines! That’s going to be standard in all patterns from now on.
I can’t wait to see your frogs!
They come in every color of the rainbow!
Try one of our newest quilt patterns! Get the Liz Llama pattern here. Or join the Funny Faces Quilt Block of the Month Club to get a new block every month. 🙂