Last Updated on December 9, 2020 by wendigratz
Want to learn how to make a quilt with an easy online workshop – totally free?
Sign up for Let’s Make a Quilt here. You’ll learn how to get started, the tools and supplies you’ll need, and how to make a quilt from start to finish using Quilt As You Go and applique with fusible adhesive.
It’s the easiest, most fun way to make an applique quilt. You can do it!
I’ve been doing a lot more applique with fusible adhesive lately (now that I’ve discovered some products I really like) and I’ve been getting requests for some more tutorials for it.
Ask and you shall receive.
I’ve already got a basic applique with fusible adhesive video here, but it only shows fusing down one piece – not the multiple pieces and layers you often use for cute quilt blocks. Do watch it, though, if you want tips on outlining your applique pieces with zigzag or satin stitch.
I’ve got a non-video step-by-step tutorial here. That has all the steps I’m going to demo in this video – just not in video format. I’ve had some requests for a video, so here it is. . .
See how easy it is and why I’ve grown to love it so much?
In the video I said I’d share a photo of the finished block – nice and big so you can zoom in close. Here it is – just click on it if you want to see it even bigger.
- Here’s the video showing how to do needle-turn applique.
- This post has links to all the videos showing how to machine applique with the freezer paper technique.
- Find the bird quilt pattern here.
- The fabrics I’m using in the demo are all from Timeless Treasures.
- This is the printable fusible adhesive that I love.
- Remember that pre-quilted block I showed in the video? All the Quilt As You Go videos are here.
Try one of our newest quilt patterns! Get the Liz Llama pattern here. Or join the Funny Faces Quilt Block of the Month Club to get a new block every month. 🙂