I’m going to make a distinction here between tools and supplies. Tools are the things that you’ll use over and over again for all of your quilts – like a sewing machine, iron, and rotary cutters. Supplies are the things that get used up with each quilt, like thread, fusible adhesive, and fabric. I’ll cover these in two different lessons.
We’ll start with tools.
Quilting can be a very expensive hobby – but it doesn’t have to be. Here’s info about all the tools I use every day – with notes about which I think are must-haves and which are optional upgrades. You’ll also find info about maintenance here.
Here are handy links to all the posts about quilting tools and supplies.
- My Sewing Machine and Why I Love It
- How to Choose a Sewing Machine for a Beginner
- My Favorite Sewing Machine Feet
- Basic Sewing Machine Maintenance
Rotary Cutting Tools
- My Favorite Rotary Cutting Tools
- How to Use a Rotary Cutter and Ruler
- How to Clean a Fuzzy Cutting Mat
Other General Sewing Room Supplies
- Easy Pattern Weights (a free pattern)
- Pincushion (a free pattern)
- Needle Cushion (a free pattern)
- Sewing Machine Cover (a free pattern)
- How to Make a Design Wall
- How to Make a DIY Cutting Table
One More Hugely Popular Post that Seems to Fit Here Better than Anywhere Else