A couple of years ago I started building up a stash of reusable fabric gift bags – and working down my stash of gift wrap.
This little bag is one of my favorite sizes – roughly 4 inches wide x 7 inches tall x 2 inches deep.
It’s perfect for small gifts – and it goes together quickly and easily enough to make up a big batch and use them as party favor bags.
This batch is kind of girly looking, but a simple change of fabric will completely change the look. Try making some up in a favorite team’s colors!
Once you get the hang of making them, it’s really easy to adjust the pattern to be any size you want.
Have fun with them!
What you get
- full-sized pattern
- detailed step-by step instructions with lots of photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need
What you’ll need
- scraps of fabric for the bag
- scraps of fabric for the ties (or use 1/2 inch ribbon)
- sewing machine, thread, etc.
- less than an hour
Very easy – this is all straight line sewing. It’s a great first sewing project.