I’ve been doing a lot more applique with fusible adhesive lately (now that I’ve discovered some products I really like) and I’ve been getting requests for some more tutorials for it.
Ask and you shall receive.
I’ve already got a basic applique with fusible adhesive video here, but it only shows fusing down one piece – not the multiple pieces and layers you often use for cute quilt blocks. Do watch it, though, if you want tips on outlining your applique pieces with zigzag or satin stitch.
I’ve got a non-video step-by-step tutorial here. That has all the steps I’m going to demo in this video – just not in video format. I’ve had some requests for a video, so here it is. . .
See how easy it is and why I’ve grown to love it so much?
In the video I said I’d share a photo of the finished block – nice and big so you can zoom in close. Here it is – just click on it if you want to see it even bigger.
- Find all the videos showing other applique techniques here.
- Find the bird quilt pattern here.
- The fabrics I’m using in the demo are all from Timeless Treasures.
- This is the printable fusible adhesive that I love.
- Remember that pre-quilted block I showed in the video? All the Quilt As You Go videos are here.